H2 kept saying I love this meal; it’s so healthy yet still delicious. On the other hand, I actually wasn’t as impressed because I kept thinking this would have been crazier if the plantain was fried and the hot sauce was made with palm oil, snails, tomatoes, etc (*covers faces), I love comfort food.
He went on about how talented I am (dancing smiley), I am passionate about food so I guess he has to wash me (praise and encourage me), lool.
V4’s mates are demanding a video blog but I am not quite ready to take the bold step; in the meantime I have decided to make the recipes as easy to follow as possible. (Please feel free to ask questions about the steps in the comments section anonymously)
v 2 Salmon fillets
v 4 ripe plantains
v Butter (can use olive oil too)
v Onion salt
v Chili powder
1. Heat a tsb of butter in a frying pan, add cilantro (coriander), onion salt and chilli powder
2. Add the salmon skin side down and gently cook for 12–15 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C, Peel the plantains, place them on a baking sheet and rub them with butter or oil.
- Bake the plantains for 25 minutes, then turn each one plantain and bake for another 20 minutes
Green hot Sauce
- Combine 2 scotch bonnet peppers, a bunch of coriander, ½ a cup of water, 2 garlic cloves, Juice from ½ lemon in the blender and blend well.
- Add the chopped white onions and salt to taste
Serve and enjoy