It’s the 3rd of January and I’m back at work really craving a shrimp and avocado salad…… On my way home from work, I decided to stop at M&S as it is right next to my office to buy some avocadoes (If you read this blog regularly you will know how much we love M&S food even though to be honest M&S dropped the ball a number of times in 2012 (blogging topic for another day)), the M&S food future is still very bright and we are seriously considering buying M&S shares because we spend so much money there. Anyway I immediately got lost in the store; skipped down the aisles looking for the perfect ingredients to add to my salad and ended up with this simple but delicious meal.
I ate my salad humming up to the last bite (I hum while I eat especially when the food is delish, *covers face*). Everyone enjoyed it and thought it was fantastic 🙂
Next time I will probably add cherry tomatoes for visual oomph… Xx
PS: Shopping in M&S – Odikwa very very expensive.
DVees Recipe: Avocado and Shrimp Salad with diced pancetta, sliced roast chicken and sea salt & black pepper croutons
- 2 Avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 packs of raw shrimps (280g)
- 1 Pack of lettuce – 300g
- 1 pack of diced pancetta
- 2 packs of roast chicken – sliced
- Chilli powder
- 1 Tsp French Dressing
- 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar dressing
- A dollop of mayonnaise – Optional
- Lightly oil your wok pan and put on the cooker on very low heat.
- Season the raw shrimps to taste
- Place the shrimps in the pan, increase the heat and cook until pink and all shrimps are properly cooked.
- Add in the diced pancetta and fry until lightly brown – This adds a bacon-y flavour to your salad
- Add in the sliced roast chicken and cook for about 2-3 minutes and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, place in your lettuce and sweet corn and mix
- Once cooled, Throw in the shrimps mix, avocado and mix thoroughly
- Add a pinch (or 2) of chilli powder depending on your taste (I like spicy)
- Add 2 Tsp of French dressing and 1 Tsp of the balsamic vinegar dressing (You can add more or less depending on what you like) and a dollop of mayonnaise
- Sprinkle the croutons with sea salt and black pepper, Add to the salad mix – I add this last because I like my croutons crunchy
- Mix with the fork and spoon until evenly distributed
- And Serve….. Enjoy!!!