Breakfast in bed is indulgent, it can be romantic, fun or simply cosy… Breakfast with someone you love be it your siblings, spouse, children or friends is magical.
These stuffed french toasts are scrumptious, mouth watering, diet destroying… and very easy to make.
PS: if your loved one insists on sticking to her diet after all your effort, you can have the french toast all to yourself and treat her to greek yogurt, strawberries and honey… “strawberries taste sweeter when you are spending time with someone who makes you swoon”.
DVees recipe: Stuffed French Toast
- Sliced Brioche Bread – 4 slices
- 2 Tbps of Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon of jam (strawberry or blackcurrant)
- Fresh strawberries
- 2 whole Eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon French almond extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Cinanmon (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Mix the cream cheese together with the jam; spread mixture equally between the bread slices.
- Top with strawberry slices and make two sandwiches
- Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat in the milk and almond extract.
- Dip both sides of the sandwiches in the egg mixture.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan. Fry each sandwich gently for 3 to 4 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until nicely coloured and warmed through.
- Dust with cinnamon and sugar, cut in half and serve with the Greek-style natural yoghurt.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s banana stuffed toast