Raymond Blanc was the inspiration for these sautéed yams – I like watching his food shows; he’s been in the UK for over 40 years and his French accent is still as strong as ever, I love it. He’s also apparently self taught – very inspiring.
As we are always looking for ways to showcase creative expressions of Nigerian cuisine, while he was talking about the beauty of sautéed potatoes, I was thinking yam & fish!!!
Sautéed yams & pan-fried sea bass Recipe
- Yams (cubed)
- Sunflower oil
- Sea bass
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the yams and fry for 5-6 minutes
- Add onions, garlic and parsley to the pan and continue to fry, turning occasionally, over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Season with sea salt.
- Season the fish with a little salt and pepper just before cooking.
- Heat the frying pan until very hot, then add 2 tbsp oil.
- Lay the fish fillets in the pan, skin-side down.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then leave the fish to cook for 4-5 mins.
- Flip the fillets over, then fry on the flesh side for about 2 mins until just done.
Serve fish with yam and enjoy